Allowable Cost Matrix
What Fund Can I Use to Buy This Item or Service?
If you are trying to determine if your expense is allowable under a certain fund type, the Allowable Cost Matrix is a tool created just for that.
The Fiscal Services team included a detailed list of known expenses on the matrix, but if you find your expense is not covered - please contact Compliance for assistance at email@example.com.
Always take the time to consider whether expenses are appropriate for certain funds groups. Our friends at Georgia Tech created this helpful line of questions below:
- Is this an appropriate use of the particular resources or fund group (i.e. State, Sponsored, etc.)?
- Am I comfortable explaining this charge to an auditor?
- Am I comfortable explaining this charge to the public?
- Is this expense reasonable? Would a prudent person have purchased this item and paid this price?
- Is this expense "allocable"? Is the expense applicable to the project and fund group with a high degree of certainty?
- Is this expense allowable? Does this expense fall within the general parameters of this particular fund group?
- Is this consistent? Are other expenses for similar purposes treated in the same way?