Third Party Billing
When an approved company or organization (sponsor) will be responsible for paying all or a part of a student's tuition and fees, it is called a Third Party Billing Contract. Kennesaw State University requires a Billing Authorization from the sponsor to establish a Third Party Billing Contract.
Students sponsored by a third party have the following responsibilities:
- Contact the Bursar’s Office before the semester begins to let us know you are a sponsored student. A billing authorization from your sponsor must be received at least two weeks prior to the payment deadline for us to guarantee that your classes will not be dropped for non-payment.
- Provide your sponsor with the correct Bursar’s Office contact information for mailing an authorization to bill (see below).
- Pay any charges not covered by your sponsor by the payment deadline to avoid being dropped from your classes for non-payment.
- Check your student account balance regularly in Owl Express. If your sponsored charges have not been paid, either we did not receive the billing authorization, it is incomplete, or it has not yet been processed. Please allow five (5) business days from receipt of the billing authorization for us to complete processing.
The sponsor and/or student are responsible for submitting a billing authorization or voucher on the sponsor’s letterhead to the Bursar's Office. Authorizations must be written in English and contain no restrictions or contingencies (for example, if the sponsor requires grades or transcripts prior to payment, the transaction does NOT qualify as Third-Party Billing). Each authorization will be valid for one semester unless otherwise specified. The authorization MUST include the following:
- Student's name
Student’s KSU #
- The authorization must clearly outline each type of fees and charges the sponsor will be responsible for paying, such as tuition, mandatory fees, housing, meal plan, parking, health insurance, course and lab fees, etc.
- It must be signed by an official authorized to obligate payment by the sponsor.
- The information provided must include the name of the contact person, billing address, email address and telephone number for the sponsor.
Authorizations must be received at least two weeks prior to the fee payment deadline each semester.
Upon receipt of a valid billing authorization, the Bursar's Office will apply a conditional credit to the student account while we await payment from the third party sponsor.
Each sponsor will receive an invoice requesting payment for the student(s) after the add/drop period for that semester.
Important Note: Students whose sponsor fails to pay the authorized charges within 60 days from the invoice date will have their conditional credit reversed and will be responsible for the unpaid charges. A financial hold may be placed on the student’s account until the balance is paid in full. Students are encouraged to remain in contact with their sponsor until the terms of the billing authorization have been met.
Send authorizations to:
E: email@example.com F: 470.578.9161 or 678.915.7301
or via mail to:
Kennesaw State University
Attn: Third Party Billing Representative
585 Cobb Avenue NW
Kennesaw, GA 30144
For more information or questions on third party billing, contact the Bursar's Offices
T: 470.578.6419 Kennesaw Campus
T: 678.915.7216 Marietta Campus