If your student account shows a credit balance, you may be entitled to receive a refund. Kennesaw State University has partnered with BankMobile to deliver your refund.
- For more information about COVID-19 refunds, visit this link: COVID-19 Refund FAQs
- For more information about BankMobile, visit this link: BankMobile FAQs
Students have three options to receive their refunds:
- Deposit to an Existing Bank Account – Money is transferred to an existing account the same business day BankMobile receives funds from your school. Typically, it takes 1 – 2 business days for the receiving bank to credit the money to your account.
- Paper check – a check is cut from BankMobile and mailed to your address on file with BankMobile. Please be sure to verify your address is correct with BankMobile.
- Electronic deposit to a BankMobile Vibe Account – If you open a BankMobile Vibe checking account (upon identity verification), money is deposited the same business day BankMobile receives funds from your school.
A refund preference must be selected with BankMobile. Please follow the instructions below to select your preference:
- Log in to refundselection.com
- Enter your Personal Code, click the Get Started button.
- Follow the directions to select your refund preference.
If you cannot locate or know your personal code, please follow the instructions below to retrieve one:
- Log in to refundselection.com
- Click on Need a code link at the bottom of the page.
- Type in Kennesaw State University and your email address then press continue.
If you do not select either electronic refund method above, it may cause a delay in the delivery of your refund.
When a new student registers for classes at Kennesaw State University for the first time, a Refund Selection Kit will be mailed to your home address. The personal code sent in the Refund Selection Kit is also sent to the student’s KSU email address. Students may also request a personal code by visiting refundselection.com. For more information about BankMobile, visit BankMobile FAQs
New students who register within fourteen (14) days of the first refund cycle for the semester will receive a check by mail from the KSU Office of Fiscal Services.
If the parent has not elected to have the refund distributed to the student, parent refunds are mailed by check to the address provided on the Parent Plus Loan application.
Students must completely withdraw from ALL classes for the semester in order to receive a partial refund depending on the percentage of the semester that has passed since registering for the classes. Students receiving financial aid should contact the Office of Financial Aid for further information. For a complete list of withdrawal dates and refund percentages, please visit the Registrar’s Office. Click on Final Exam/Withdrawal Dates.
Timed Out Refunds
Refunds time-out if a refund preference has not been selected. Before refunds time-out BankMobile will send an email to the primary email address on file to refund recipients with reminders to select a refund preference. If you do not select your refund preference the funds will be sent back to Kennesaw State University and posted to your Owl Express account. If your refund is from Financial Aid and you have not chosen your refund method within 10 days from the time-out refund posting, your funds will be returned to the appropriate financial program. If your funds are from personal payments, your funds will be initiated to be returned to the State of Georgia.