If your student account shows a credit (negative) balance, you may be entitled to receive a refund. Kennesaw State University has partnered with BankMobile to deliver your refund.
- For more information about COVID-19 refunds, visit this link: COVID-19 Refund FAQs
- For more information about BankMobile and how to select a refund preference please
visit the links below:
BankMobile Refund Selection Brochure
BankMobile Refund Selection Handout
Students have two options to receive their refunds:
- Deposit to an Existing Bank Account – Money is transferred to an existing account the same business day BankMobile receives funds from your school. Typically, it takes 1 – 2 business days for the receiving bank to credit the money to your account.
- Electronic deposit to a BankMobile Vibe Account – If you open a BankMobile Vibe checking account (upon identity verification), money is deposited the same business day BankMobile receives funds from your school.
A refund preference must be selected with BankMobile. Please follow the instructions below to select your preference:
- Log in to Owl Express
- Click the student services tab and then Bankmobile Refunds.
- Select how you want to your money delivered.
If you do not select either electronic refund method above, it may cause a delay in the delivery of your refund.
If you have already selected a refund preference you will automatically be prompted to log into your BankMobile account. If you have forgotten your password or username you can utilize the forgot password or forgot username link on this page.
When a new student registers for classes at Kennesaw State University for the first time, a Refund Selection Kit will be mailed to your home address from BankMobile. To select a refund preference please follow the steps above for logging in to select a preference.
New students who register within fourteen (14) days of the first refund cycle for the semester will receive a check by mail from the KSU Office of Fiscal Services.
Parents Plus Loan Refunds
If the parent has not elected to have the refund distributed to the student, parent refunds are mailed by check to the address provided on the Parent Plus Loan application.
Students must completely withdraw from ALL classes for the semester in order to receive a partial refund depending on the percentage of the semester that has passed since registering for the classes. Students receiving financial aid should contact the Office of Financial Aid for further information. For a complete list of withdrawal dates and refund percentages, please visit the Registrar’s Office Exam/Withdrawal Dates.
Timed Out Refunds
Refunds time-out if a refund preference has not been selected. Before refunds time-out BankMobile will send an email to the primary email address on file to refund recipients with reminders to select a refund preference. If you do not select your refund preference the funds will be sent back to Kennesaw State University and posted to your Owl Express account. If your refund is from Financial Aid and you have not chosen your refund method within 10 days from the time-out refund posting, your funds will be returned to the appropriate financial program. If your funds are from personal payments, your funds will be initiated to be returned to the State of Georgia.