Cash Advances

The purpose of travel advances is to minimize the financial burden on employees while traveling on behalf of the State.

  • Travel advances are limited and available only to an employee whose current annual salary is $50,000.00 or less when traveling within the United States.
  • Travel advances are available to an employee, regardless of salary level, for international travel.
  • Travel expenses and advances must be reconciled and submitted as soon as possible, but no later than 45 calendar days after the completion of the trip.
  • Advances that remain open and unreconciled more than 120 days after the date of travel should be included in the employee’s IRS Form W-2 as taxable income.

Individual travelers may request a Cash Advance through the Concur system.  Please refer to the following link for assistance with requesting a Cash Advance through Concur:

Cash Advance How-to Guide

For Cash Advance requests related to Study Abroad trips, please refer to the following link to access the required documentation: